- America Meredith is an enrolled member of the Cherokee Nation, instructor, blogger, printmaker, painter, and fumage artist. She earned her MFA degree from San Francisco Art Institute and her BFA from the University of Oklahoma. Meredith is an associate publisher at Noksi Press, a Cherokee-language publishing company. She has served on the board of the Cherokee Arts and Humanities Council. Meredith is an adjunct instructor in the art program of Santa Fe Community College, and she has taught early Native American Art History at the Institute of American Indian Arts and Cherokee art history at the Cherokee Humanities class.
Board of Advisors
- Emily Haozous, PhD, RN (Chiricahua Fort Sill Apache) is an Assistant Professor at the University of New Mexico College of Nursing. She received her nursing training and doctoral degree at Yale University. Passionate about American Indian health, she links indigenous methodologies to intervention research in an effort to improve cancer outcomes in Native people. Dr. Haozous is the granddaughter of Allan Houser, one of the most celebrated American Indian artists of the 20th century, and daughter of Bob Haozous, a renowned sculptor.
- Paula Rivera (Taos Pueblo) is in charge of artist services for the Southwestern Association for Indian Arts (SWAIA). She was worked at and curated exhibits at numerous institutions, such as the Wheelwright Museum of the American Indian, Millicent Rogers Museum, Museum of Indian Arts and Culture, and the Institute of American Indian Arts Museum.
- Kenneth Williams Jr. (Northern Arapaho-Seneca) Is a beadwork artist, collector of Indian art, and manages the Case Trading Post at the Wheelwright Museum of the American Indian in Santa Fe, New Mexico. His love for Indian art has earned him a positive reputation to serve on several different committees as well as invitations to judge numerous Native American art shows.
- Barbara Harjo (Cherokee descent), email@example.com
- Daniel McCoy Jr. (Muscogee Creek-Potawatomi-Seminole), firstname.lastname@example.org
- America Meredith (Cherokee Nation), email@example.com
We are grateful to the talented writers, photographers, designers, and artists making First American Art possible.
- Gloria Bell (Métis) | blog | LinkedIn
- Roy Boney Jr. (Cherokee Nation) | website | blog
- Corinne Cain | website | blog
- Kelly Church (Odawa-Ojibwe) | website
- RoseMary Diaz (Santa Clara Pueblo)
- JoKay Dowell (Quapaw-Cherokee-Eastern Shawnee-Peoria) | LinkedIn
- Laura M. Evans (Cherokee Nation) | blog
- Teri Greeves (Kiowa-Comanche) | LinkedIn
- Reid Gómez (Navajo Nation) | blog
- Andrea R. Hanley (Navajo Nation) | LinkedIn
- Suzan Shown Harjo (Cheyenne-Hodulgee Muscogee Creek) | profile
- Melissa Melero (Fallon Paiute-Modoc) | website
- Jessica Metcalfe, PhD (Turtle Mountain Ojibwe) | blog
- Denise Neil-Binion (Delaware-Cherokee) | LinkedIn
- Suzanne Fricke Newman | profile
- Stephanie Pratt (Eastern Dakota)
- Sarah Sense (Chitimacha-Choctaw) | website
- Neebinnaukzhik Southall (Rama First Nation Chippewa) | website
- Yvonne Tiger (Seminole-Cherokee-Muscogee Creek) | LinkedIn
- John Torres-Nez (Navajo Nation) | LinkedIn
First American Art Magazine
1000 Cordova Place #843
Santa Fe, NM 87505
- Ph (505) 473-0149
Fx (405) 524-9980
First American Art sign up form
Sign up for our newsletter