Azhwakwa: Contemporary Anishinaabe Art
- Need images, bios, and statements for publicity (as soon as available)
- Need artwork and label information by Friday, April 17
- Dates: April 24–June 28, 2020
- Opening Reception: Friday, April 24, 5:30–8:00 pm
- Venue: Jacobson House Native Art Center
609 Chautauqua Avenue, Norman, OK 73069
(405) 366-1667 | jacobsonhousenac.org
- Curator: America Meredith (Cherokee Nation), email
- Commission: 60% retail price to artists, 40% to gallery.
- If out of state, you can ship your artwork to America Meredith, 133 24th Avenue NW #126, Norman, OK 73069.
- If you are in state, you can arrange to drop off artwork at the Jacobson House, email first to with day and time.
- If you are in state and want the curator to pick up your work, email to determine date and time.
- Saturday, April 25: Kelly Church will present about her personal artwork and conduct a birchbark biting workshop
- Sunday, April 26: Neebinnaukzhik Southall will present about Anishinaabe Aesthetics
- Date TBD: A moderated panel discussion of local artists. Possibly May 16 or 17 or June 6 or 7.
- Early June: Mary Deleary will conduct a beading workshop
- If you would like to host a workshop or conduct a presentation, please email! Weekends are best.
- Matthew Bearden (Citizen Potawatomi/Kickapoo), painter, Tulsa, OK | link
- Kelly Church (Gun Lake Potawatomi/Odawa/Ojibwe), birchbark biter, black ash basket maker, Hopkins, MI | link
- Amber DuBoise-Shepherd (Prairie Potawatomi/Sac & Fox/Diné), painter, Shawnee, OK | link
- Nicole Emmons (Citizen Potawatomi), animator, filmmaker, puppeteer, Oklahoma City, OK | link
- Dennis Esquivel (Grand Traverse Odawa/Ojibwe), furniture maker, painter, woodworker, Santa Fe, NM | link
- Monica Raphael (Grand Traverse Odawa/Ojibwe), beadwork artist, quillwork artist, Apache, OK | link
- Neebinnaukzhik Southall (Rama Chippewa), beadwork artist, watercolor painter, Santa Fe, NM | link
- Stuart Sampson (Citizen Potawatomi), painter, Edmond, OK | link
- Jodi Webster (Prairie Potawatomi/Ho-Chunk), jeweler, draftperson, Phoenix, AZ | link