Cincinnati, OH—CALL FOR ART: Heart of the Land
Call for contemporary Midwestern Native art from Iowa, Missouri, Oklahoma, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Illinois. Deadline: June 30, 2017, 5:00 pm
Gallery South at Christ Church Cathedral, Cincinnati, will celebrate the cathedral’s bicentennial year with a gala, juried and judged show of work by Native artists in the nine-state Midwestern region: Iowa, Missouri, Oklahoma, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Illinois.
- Deadline for submissions: Friday, June 30 at 5:00 pm.
- Acceptance letters: sent out by the end of August
- The show runs from October 5 to November 17, 2017.
- Submit via email digital photos of up to three works to gallery curator Mike Phillips at email@example.com.
- Include your name and contact information and (one for each piece): title, size, medium, and retail price if for sale.
- Please include tribal membership or affiliation. Native American artists either living in Iowa, Missouri, Oklahoma, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Illinois or from tribes historically associated with these states are eligible. (This includes Oklahoma artists whose tribes were removed from these states including the Absentee Shawnee, Citizen Potawatomi Nation, Eastern Shawnee, Iowa, Kaw, Kickapoo, Miami, Osage, Otoe-Missouria, Odawa, Peoria, Quapaw, Sac & Fox, and Wyandotte.)
Gallery South is a beautifully lit space fronting a half block of Fourth Street in downtown Cincinnati. Its mission is to give prime exposure to excellent artists who aren’t as well known as they should be. Hundreds of people visit the gallery every week on the way to services, concerts, and lectures.
The gallery connects artists with potential buyers and charges no commissions. It also charges no entry fees for exhibitions. It is a community service of Christ Church, which is the cathedral church for the Episcopal Diocese of Southern Ohio.
Please send all requests for further information to the curator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at his cell number (859) 486-3936.
For more info about the gallery, please visit Gallery South.