Stories from the Land: Indigenous Voices Connecting Within the Great Plains
- Dates: February 11–March 15, 2019
- Reception: Friday, March 8, 5:00–8:00 pm
- Artist Talk: Saturday, March 9, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Venues: Birger Sandzén Memorial Gallery, 401 N. First Street, Lindsborg, KS, and the Mingenback Art Gallery, Bethany College, 335 E. Swensson Street
Cori Sherman North, Curator
Birger Sandzén Memorial Gallery
401 N. First Street
Lindsborg, KS 67456-0348
- Curators: Jean Merz-Edwards (contact) and America Meredith (contact)
- Gallery contacs: Cori North, curator Sandzén (contact)
- Commission: 75% retail price to artists, 25% to the gallery. Birger Sandzén Memorial Gallery will handle sales.
At the close of the show, art in the Mingenback Gallery will be transported to the Sandzén Gallery, where New Mexico and Nevada artworks will be shipped out. Jean Merz-Edwards and/or America Meredith will transport Kansas and Oklahoma artwork back. All artists who dropped off work that the First American Art Magazine office can pick it up from there at their convenience.
We are grateful for the support of Humanities Kansas and the Lindsborg Arts Council in making this exhibition and symposium possible. The views expressed in the Stories from the Land exhibition and during the Stories from the Land symposium are not necessarily those of Humanities Kansas or the National Endowment for the Humanities.