August 18, Thursday, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
Ralph T. Coe Center for the Arts
1590-B Pacheco Street, Santa Fe, NM
- Moderator: Neebinnaukzhik Southall (Chippewas of Rama First Nation), freelance writer
- RoseMary Diaz (Santa Clara Pueblo), guest editor of Legacy and Craftsmanship Quarterly
- Kelly Holmes (Cheyenne River Lakota), president of Native Max
- Jessica Metcalfe, PhD (Turtle Mountain Ojibwe), guest editor of the official SWAIA Artist Directory Magazine
- America Meredith (Cherokee Nation), publishing editor of First American Art Magazine
- Stacy Pratt, PhD (Mvskoke), contributing editor of First American Art Magazine and freelance writer
Roundtable discussion about where Indigenous art is moving today. A diverse group of Native American editors and writers share their insights into new institutions, renovations, efforts to increase diversity and inclusion, fashion, media, revivals of Indigenous art forms, expanded awards and grants, Native identity fraud, artists’ pandemic strategies, and much more. Outdoors. Free and open to the public.
Questions? Emal us.